|Job Title||Accounting Intern|
|Overall responsibility||You will be responsible for recording expenses and revenues in our accounting software, performing bank reconciliations, preparing management accounts, calculating salaries and payments|
|Qualifications required||A student of Accounting/Finance/Banking|
|Language Skills||Excellent English|
|Skills and Certifications||Microsoft Office, specifically Excel|
RESPONSIBILITIES / Specific tasks to be performed:
- Make daily postings to the various accounting modules such as GL, AP, AR, etc.
- Prepare invoices whenever necessary and make necessary postings.
- Prepare payment vouchers, cheques, etc., and make necessary postings.
- Help perform payroll-related jobs.
- Help prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Help prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Help in resolving accounting discrepancies and perform reconciliations.
- Establish, document, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Processing business expenses.
- Verify balances in account books and rectify discrepancies.
PERSONAL QUALITIES required:
- Highly organized and thorough.
- Able to keep information strictly confidential.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills and accuracy.
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic, and approachable.
- Be able to use spreadsheets, word processing, and accounting software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and interaction skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management (internally and externally).
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective and creative solutions.
- Ability to set priorities and manage workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing environments.
- Result-driven – strives to make a difference; enjoys challenges and working under pressure to achieve objectives.